Just a quick demonstration of some dubstep wobble madness manipulated live using the Xbox Kinect.
I’m using a MASSIVE patch I made controlling pitch (which is locked to a 3 note scale for ease of use), filter cutoff, resonance, LFO depth, LFO speed, as well as reverb. There’s are mapped to the X Y and Z co-ordinates of my hands.
Here’s the setup…
– OpenNI http://openkinect.org/wiki/Main_Page
– PrimeSense’s NITE Middleware http://www.primesense.com/?p=515
– OSCeleton https://github.com/Sensebloom/OSCeleton
– Max/MSP to recieve the OSC data and convert it into MIDI (cheers for the help josh)
– Ableton Live running NI MASSIVE and a simple drum loop
Running on Windows 7